REGULATIONS ON JEAN SIBELIUS COMPOSITION COMPETITION ONLINE
25. - 28.11.2022
Organizer: International Cultural Association of the city of Turku (Turun kansainväliset kulttuurimarkkinat yhdistys ry) in cooperation with the Finnish company SEM Consulting Oy.
The participation in the International Jean Sibelius Composition Competition 2022 is open for both amateurs and professionals, for students from the educational establishments for culture and arts, from the universities for creative arts, as well as for teachers.
The registration period is from January 15 to November 1, 2022.
Deadline for applications is November 1, 2022.
The competition results will be published on the website www.jsfestcompetition.com on November 29th, 2022. The Organizing Committee send participants diplomas by e-mail from 2 to 7 of December 2022. All questions should be directed only by email and only from one email address to our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
CATEGORIES AND AGE GROUPS
For participation in the competition, it shall be required to present 2 works of different character. The total playing time should not exceed 15 minutes (no more than 25 minutes for musical and theatrical performances).
The competition shall be held in the following nominated categories:
• instrumental music (works for solo instruments, instrumental groups, orchestras, chamber music)
• vocal and choral music (works for voice and accompaniment instruments, for voice and ensemble, vocal ensembles, choral music with and without accompaniment)
• electronic, electroacoustic, computer music
• pop and jazz music
• musical and theatrical performances
• arrangement of a classical piece
• Group 1: up to 12 years
• Group 2: from 13 to 16 years
• Group 3: students
• Group 4: teachers
• Group 5: professionals
• Group 6: amateurs
RULES FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Deadline for applications is November 1, 2021.
The application form can be found on the website www.jsfestcompetition.com
Applications are to be sent by email to email@example.com After receiving an application org.commettee will send to the contestant a personal registration number and an invoice for payment. Please, note: Separate application for each nomination! Composers who are going to take part in the competition should send to the Organizing Committee of the competition by November 1 to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org the following documents:
• photo of the contestant
• a short creative biography (for a booklet)
• photocopy of passport or birth certificate
• sheet music score (in PDF format)
• competition material (YouTube links)
The contestant sends the contest materials under his registration number.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR VIDEO RECORDING
the recording of the competition program can be submitted:
1) in the form of separate video recordings of competitive works, each file must be signed (registration number and title of a specific work in accordance with the sequence of performances), for example (registration number of the participant - 15):
15_2_ Winds for Violin and Piano Duet
2) or in the form of one video recording, all works are performed in succession one after another. Pauses in recording between compositions are allowed. The video recording must be signed as follows (registration number of the participant is 15):
15_1_ Prelude_2_ Winds for Violin and Piano Duet
The jury of Jean Sibelius Composition Competition consists of internationally recognized professional composers. The jury's task is to evaluate the contestants as objectively as possible. The jury has the right: to divide places between participants, to award special diplomas, to award not all diplomas. The chairman of the jury has the right to make decisions in unclear situations. The decision made by the jury is not subject to revision.
• originality of idea and concept
• depth of topic unveiling
• professionalism (confident mastery of composer skills, sophistication of form, sense of style, degree of musical language complexity)
• quality of performance
DIPLOMAS AWARDED AT THE ONLINE COMPETITION
Participants are evaluated in each nomination and age group separately. Those who took 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5thand 6th places shall be awarded a diploma of I, II, III, IV, V and VI degrees in each age group. It may be possible that some special diplomas will be granted. No cups or cash prizes will be awarded.
REGISTRATION FEE AND PARTICIPATION PAYMENT
Application registration: 30 €. Should the applicant cancel his participation, this amount is not refundable.
Cost of participation: 120 €.
Participation in several nominations is possible, while for each of them a separate application and the corresponding payment are provided. The organizing committee will send an invoice for payment with bank details only after receiving an application for participation. Registration fee and payment for participation must be made before November 5th, 2022. A scanned copy of confirmation of payment for application registration and participation must be sent to e-mail address: email@example.com
RIGHTS OF ORGANIZERS
The Organizers of Jean Sibelius Composition Competition reserve the exclusive rights to radio broadcasting, video recording, television broadcasting, photographing of competition performances, as well as posting them on the website and in any other information systems without any compensation to the contestants and their pianists.
Copyright compliance: the Organizing Committee shall not be entitled to use and distribute for own purposes the works of the festival competition participants without their consent.
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +358 50 5238257